TITLE: Communications Coordinator
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Engagement
REPORTS TO: Director of Marketing and Engagement
STARTING SALARY: $40,000-$45,000
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Full-Time FLSA STATUS: Exempt
United Way of Olmsted County (UWOC) is a community change organization that fights for the education, health, and financial stability of every person in our community. United Way fights to erase divisions, bridge divides, and right inequities. We connect people with resources that changes lives and transform our community. We have job opportunity for Communications Coordinator position. Click here to learn more about the job description and related information.
We are accepting applications through a webform found here: Here On the webform, we ask for:
- A brief description (2-4 sentences) of your experience in each of the following areas:
o Graphic Design
o Project Management
o Social Media Management
- A summary of your work/skills/training/educational history as an attachment OR a link to your LinkedIn profile. We do not have a preference on which one, and you will not receive special consideration for sending both. Our aim is to understand where you have worked/volunteered before and the types of roles you have had.
- A portfolio of work as an attachment or a link. The portfolio should include 3-6 examples to showcase your skills. These can include:
o Copy Writing (Social Media Posts, Press Releases, Newsletters, etc.)
o Graphic Design (Newsletters, Images, Brochures, Mockups, etc.)
o Marketing Campaigns (if Applicable)
If you have questions about the position or application process, please contact Zeni Aly, Impact and Engagement Administrative Assistant at ZeniA@uwolmsted.org.
United Way of Olmsted County is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals who share lived experiences with the people and communities we serve are strongly encouraged to apply. We intentionally do our best to eliminate bias and remove barriers that may limit other applicant pools. UWOC encourages applications from individuals of all races, genders, ages, and abilities.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, with priority consideration given to applications received by February 10. We will do our best to respond to all applications within five business days of submission. We aim for a start date on or before April 3.
If you'd like to get more involved with our work, please visit our volunteer opportunities page.
If you are interested in volunteering your time and talents to United Way of Olmsted County while pursuing educational credit, we respond to inquiries received three months before typical semester start dates. Please send a resume, a description outlining what type of experience you’re hoping to gain, and scheduling considerations to email@example.com by the following dates:
- Fall semester volunteer placement: June 1st
- Spring semester volunteer placement: October 1st
- Summer semester volunteer placement: February 1st
Our ability to provide a meaningful volunteer experience depends on staff capacity, project availability, and mission alignment. If you submit an inquiry, you can expect to hear from staff within two weeks of the dates listed above to coincide with typical semester schedules.